Task Rabbit, an online site, pays you to run errands for other people. This new site allows people in several states to post the errands they need done. You respond to the post and state how much you’re willing to do the task for. Complete the task, and task rabbit pays you your fee. It’s that simple.
- 1. People post tasks on the site, specifically errands they need done right away.
- 2. You register and browse the list of errands that need to be done in your area.
- 3. Choose an errand you want to help with, and post the amount you want to get paid for doing the errand.
- 4. Task Rabbit assigns you the errand if your pay request is the lowest of anyone else that is bidding to do the errand.
- 5. Complete the errand, and Task Rabbit pays you directly.
What Are Some of the Errands You Have to Complete?
It’s amazing what people are either too lazy, or too busy to do themselves. Check out some of the errands people need you to do.
Here are some examples of errands that are posted on the site right now:
- Pick up a payment receipt for dry cleaning at an apartment building near Porter square, go to the cleaners and pick up the clothes, then return to apartment. The dry cleaning has been pre-paid, and is just up the street from the apartment building.
- I’ve got about a year’s worth of stuff built up in boxes (my so-called digital life means I accidentally ignore paper), and have no time to go through it. I’m looking for someone to open the mail, weed out books, and sort things into piles.
- Surprise me by baking cookies or brownies or what ever you think will put a smile on my face. Once you have baked your goodies and have taste tested then yourself (and they passed), please box up your sweetness and mail them to me.
These are actual errands listed on Task Rabbit right now. It’s amazing what you can do for extra money!
How Much Extra Money Can You Make Running Errands?
The amount of money you can make running errands depends on the task, the person’s budgeted amount, and how many tasks you actually get assigned for. For instance, picking up dry cleaning and dropping it off may only pay $20.00, but helping someone unpack moving boxes may pay $50.00 or more.
The amount will greatly depend on the time involved and how much you actually place your bid for. If you take on several higher paying errands, you could make some really good cash.
What’s The Bad News About Task Rabbit?
The bad news about Task Rabbit is that it’s ony available to people in a few cities. Currently, errands are only listed in:
- New York City
- San Antonio
- San Francisco
- Los Angeless
- Orange County
The site is expanding to accommodate more cities in the future. So, if you don’t see your city listed, keep an eye on this site. They will be in your city soon.
If you know someone that lives in any of these cities, and needs to make extra money, pass this post along to them.
If you have tried Task Rabbit, or ran errands for money in the past, please share your experiences below. I want to know all about it, and so does the community!
- Tags: earn extra money, errands, get paid, get paid to do errands, make extra money, make money at home, make money online, Money, part-time job, run, run errands for money, Task Rabbit, work at home, work from home